Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Proud of my champions



This weekend was the Tug-o-War National Championships. I was able to buzz over there for only about 45 min., but couldn't have come for a more exciting time. My sister pulled in 5 classes, earning 3 golds and 2 silver medals. I watched her heavy weight division pull off a victory against a tough rival. Also in the heavy weight division, my dad's group had a challenging pull. They made it to the final pull against a team that held the title of heavy weight champs for several years. They won the first leg, but lost the second. When they split wins like that, they pull a third time. Against the odds, and their great fatigue they pulled through and won! I don't think I ever saw my dad more excited! In visiting with him after, as he was panting through his words, he described the moment when the whistle blew as being the next most exciting thing to getting married...(pause)... and having kids. It was so fun for me to witness these tremendous pulls. I'm so proud of the champions in my family!
Pictures above: My sister celebrating with teammates after their win. My dad's team (Also known as AARP because of their ages!) on the ground in exhaustion with other DJ team members celebrating in the background.

No comments: