Saturday, February 23, 2013

Henry Speaks

Henry has been talking for quite a while now.  Starting with just a few words, but seems to have exploded lately, and will mimic words we say, up to three words at a time.  I've been meaning to make a list of the words he says, but he is at a point where he says so much, I wouldn't be able to keep track of them all.  Still, I didn't want to let this pass me by, so here are a few favs...

Names:
Mama
Daddy
Si-er (Sister)
Ya-ya (Olivia)
Ma-mel (Mabel)
Tucker

Vehicles:
Ta-ker (Tractor)
Tuck (Truck)
He-ka-ter (Helicopter)
Schoo Bus (School bus)
Brooom!

Animals:
Horse, Neigh
Cow, Moo
Puppy (Pants with tongue hanging out)
Key (Kitty), Meow

Lots of other words/phrases:
No
Yes
Yeah yeah (Yes, for when he's really excited)
Ah-done (All done)
Peas (Please)
Da-ku (Thank you)
I ya you (I love you)
Weh-ah-you (Where are you)
Bes-you (Bless you)
Nu-ne (Nukie)
Ball
Ha (Hat)
Dowa (Dora)

We've tried to catch him on video, here are a few clips, and a few things to note...

The animal sounds and "Thank yous" are from LONG ago.

I love you is hands-down my favorite thing to hear him say.

One clip he is saying "Abby".  To clarify, he was looking at the Christmas photos on our fridge, found our friend Abby, and kept saying her name the rest of the evening.

Another clip we are trying to force him to sing a Justin Bieber song.  I don't know the name of it but one repeated line is "Baby baby oh baby baby..."  Never hearing the song in our care, it must have caught on from daycare.  Henry busts into the tune every now and then.  Of course never when we can catch him on camera.  Here we were bribing him with food to sing it, and it's quite apparent that we are forcing it out of him and he wants what's in our hand rather than to entertain us.

The bathtub ABCs are clearly one of those things where it's pobably only understandable by the parents of the child.  :)

Henry Speaks

2 comments:

Angie said...

So cute! I keep telling myself that I need to record some of Max's words. It's funny how much they sound alike!

KA said...

I love the video! What a cute little guy in the tub busy playing with his toys and singing at the same time.