Thursday, March 28, 2013

Our life recently...


Blogging has been put on the back burner for the last month or so.  Work has had a busy spell the last several weeks, starting with the final class party for Valentine's Day, leading our last school mass, running the Science Fair, having our last set of conferences, and finally, completing 3rd quarter grades.   Additionally, Pat was in the process of applying and interviewing for a new job, which he got!  He's been putting in some extra late hours working crisis shifts and wrapping up the people he's currently working with.  One other big thing going on in our lives right now is that my Grandma's health has been shakey.  We thought she was in her final days/hours this past week, so we have been spending more time visiting her.  Thankfully, spring break is here and we are soaking it up!  One of the many tasks on the to do list today is putting up a few photos from our last several weeks, so here it goes!
 
With all the snow this winter, I was thankful for one snow day.  I happened to land on a Tuesday when Pat was home with the kids anyway, so we all enjoyed it together!  We even got to pull out Henry's new sled we got on Target clearance for $3!
 
 
*****
Our friends recently had a baby boy.  We brought them dinner one night, and I was happy to take a few photos of baby Gavin!  I borrowed my brother's macro lens and had a lot of fun with it.  The photo of Mabel was taken at home when I was playing with it prior to the baby photo-shoot.
The photo-shoot didn't go how I had hoped it would.  Since we brought them dinner, the natural light through their window was fading fast.  I tried to set up an artificial light, but it just didn't turn out as nice.  Also, he wanted to be awake!  I thought for a little one only about a week old he'd sleep like a log the whole time!  (Especially with the warm space heater I had going.)  Nope!  He kept at least one eye on me most of the time!  Because of that I didn't get to play with some creative posing I wanted to, but still got some fun detail shots.



*****
This past weekend we finally celebrated Olivia's 5th birthday with Pat's family.  Our previous date got snowed out.  I beam watching the cousins play together.  The four others just adore Olivia and Henry and grab them the moment we arrive, playing with them so well till it's time to go.  I'm SO thankful for that!

We of course had a yummy meal and even better dessert: cupcakes with homemade frosting, fudge, whip cream, sprinkles, fruit, etc.  YUM!  Olivia opened her gifts: girly legos, a drawing book, a frilly dress with accessories, and a purse Grandma Clark made for her to keep drawing things in for in the car.  The girls wanted Olivia to try on her pretty dress (which took no convincing at all!).  They took her to the bathroom getting her all dolled up, even braiding her hair.  She came out and everyone gushed over her.  The girls proceeded to show her how to walk a runway.  Henry even followed suit.

So thankful for these friends, family, and memories created.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great photos! I have a tiny macro lens that I got in my camera kit but I have a feeling it won't do what a real macro lens will. I'll have to try it out.

Looks like Olivia's birthday was a hit - can't believe how big she is getting already!