Way back at the end of October, we learned with a trip to the dentist that Olivia had two loose teeth. It was her middle bottom ones. She wiggled at them from time to time and let me in there to give a little pull once in a while when she was feeling brave. All in all though she wanted them to come out on their own. Tonight Olivia rushed to me saying "Mom, my tooth is loose!". And me thinking, duh, they have been for weeks. Seeing her face though I knew it was more than that. She held this itty bitty baby tooth in her hand and had the biggest grin on her face.
I encouraged that we work on that second tooth since it was so close, and gushed about how cool it would be if the first time the tooth fairy came, there were TWO teeth there, but she was having nothing to do with it. (I'm still going to encourage it as much as I can since her "big" teeth are already in and wanting to move forward!)
Daddy came home seconds later and he was greeted with the exciting news. After dinner we whipped up a tooth pillow for her to use that night. (And since have made one for Henry and cousin Savannah too!) She was very excited for the tooth fairy to visit, and was so giddy when she woke up in the morning to find a dollar bill folded into a teeny tiny shape in her pillow.

No comments:
Post a Comment