Catholic School's Week is a long standing tradition to celebrate Catholic Schools. I always loved looking forward to the fun celebrations surrounding it as a kid. Then I got to join in the fun in a new way as a teacher. This year marks my first time as a parent. Here is what our week looked like:
Monday: NO school due to cold weather!
Tuesday: Most of the state was shut down, again due to the cold, but we had parents drive the kids so we could have school. Each day had a different dress theme and that day was "Wacky Day". Pat failed to get our wacky legs and feet in this photo. It was also "Daybreak with Dads" which meant donuts in the morning along with praying a decade of the Rosary in the classrooms.
Wednesday: Dress your vocation day, which meant Olivia dressed as an art teacher, wearing her painting smock.Thursday: Mornings with mom meant it was my turn for donuts and praying the Rosary with Olivia in her classroom. We wore class colors which meant I wore blue and Olivia wore red. Each class was assigned a different color and then we took an all school picture like a rainbow! The afternoon also provided a student vs. teacher volleyball game. I had a few successful bumps over the net, and a few misses which my students were so kind to point out.

Friday: We celebrated mass in the morning as we do every Friday. Then classes went through to view an optional enrichment project that students participated in. Being the head of the committee running this, it would have looked awful if Olivia didn't participate! So, we made apple strudel and created a photo board showing the steps. It was a lot of fun, and I'm so glad we did it! In the afternoon we played BINGO as a whole school. I got to sit in with Olivia's class since the 5th graders help the Kinders with their BINGO boards. Olivia was beyond excited to be one of the first winners!
Saturday: In a theater filled with All Saints families we enjoyed family movie day at the Lakeville theater! We watched Monsters U and enjoyed pop and popcorn courtesy of the PTO.
Other events also took place like writing letters to service men and women, and collecting food for the food shelf. I'm so thankful for this fun week to celebrate the uniqueness of working and learning at a Catholic School!
No comments:
Post a Comment