Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pool Party!

Obviously, we enjoy spending as much time at the pool in the summer as we can. Often it's an impromptu evening trip or a few hours after church on Sunday. This summer we did a better job of inviting our friends to use it more, and schedule pool/pizza parties. They were a blast, and with each group, we wished we could do it more often! Here's a snapshot at some of our pool party fun:
 
A last minute trip to the pool with our friends the Olsons.
Last year we had our "RA Friends" over. (The group I got to be friends with while I was an RA at SCSU.) We only get together a few times a year, so seeing them is always extra special, and we sure wish they lived closer!

Cameron was the cutest with his running jump into the pool with a wide open smiling mouth every time!


Carter being brave!

William learned how to use a snorkel!
We hosted both of our families for a belated birthday celebration for Liz, Sophie, Sam and myself, and Father's Day. It was the first time everyone from both sides were together since Henry's Baptism!
Just before it slid off the pizza peal. Oops!






A huge summer accomplishment for Olivia has been holding her breath under water!
 We had our friends the Bosch's over for a summer BBQ. We actually started with a photo-shoot of their family, followed by hair cuts for the little boys (they wanted to try out our hair clippers to see if they wanted to invest in some for themselves).
Xander's "cheese!" face!
 

Gavin and his Mommy


Xander was a little shy about getting in the water.
Our final big pool party was with our ECFE crew. We actually started with the moms, some dads, and the older kids meeting at Feed My Starving Children to package meals. We all agree it was a great experience, and the kids did great! We celebrated their hard work with a pool party and pizzas. I didn't snag too many photos since I was in charge of prepping food, plus wanted to visit with the mamas, and keeping track of all the little ones in the pool! (I get a little nervous with so many little ones in the water!) They did great though, and we stayed well past the sun went down.

All of these gatherings were so wonderful! We were reminded each time what amazing family and friends we are surrounded by, and wished each time the day could go on longer and we could do it more often. I love hosting, especially when I can take a step back and watch people enjoying themselves. It's the best feeling!

No comments: