Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter

Pat and I were commenting what a great age the kids are at for holidays like Easter. Olivia, long aware of the Easter Bunny's upcoming visit made him a detailed card thanking him for the treats and being, "very very nice and jeneres". She also left out a plate with a carrot, celery stick, ranch dip and strawberries. Stinker Henry snuck out of bed and busted me nibbling on some of the strawberries. I assured him I was just hungry for a snack and I promised I would replace them.

These two made quite the pair, working together to find their baskets. It worked out quite well, because they found them quicker and we got to church with time to spare!
After church we headed to Tom and Kari's house for a brunch. Our contribution was burnt muffins because there must have been a type-o in the recipe I used with how long to bake them for. It just confirmed the Kari will always be a better cook, and their place is way more fitting for hosting, which works since we are willing to make the drive.
The big cousins hid eggs in the basement which was perfect fun to include everyone and stall for the meal that wasn't quite ready.

 The meal was delicious as always, and Mary's desserts were a hit!

The kids made peep houses with the help of their cousins. The big cousins made the gram-cracker houses earlier (including a bit of hot glue to keep the frames together!) Henry's face cracks me up here, as I'm sure he just popped a piece of candy in his mouth.

Tom and Kari as well as Mike and Mary had baskets for the kids. They sure are some lucky ducks. Pat and I are too since the baskets from Grandma and Grandpa included lots of clothing for the kids!

The Easter celebrations continued at the Sticha home with a nice dinner, and lots of visiting and playing with the family. Highlights for the kids included this silly string fight on the deck, playing don't break the ice, and dart-gun shooting with the uncles. We sure are blessed beyond measure!

No comments: