Pat turned 40! Our celebrations began with Wednesday when he came home. I put together a military wall for him. On Thanksgiving we celebrated with his family. I made his favorite cheesecake for dessert. On Friday this big birthday surprise came! He didn't know where we were going, so I directed him where to drive. We pulled up to the Fagen Fighters WWII Museum in Ganite Falls. I surprised him with a flight in a WWII PT-26. It was quite a windy day, so I was so relieved when the pilot said they'd give it a try. Pat loved it!
After his flight we headed into Granite Falls for some lunch at a bakery. Then we headed back to the museum to check out the exhibits. We were quite impressed with the quality and quantity of exhibits!
On Saturday had a nice day as a family decorating for Christmas. Then we gathered with my family for dinner at St. Patrick's and we headed back to our house for dessert. His actual birthday was on Sunday. We treated him to homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast, a few gifts, and then had Thanksgiving with the Tuma side of the family. It was a busy and fun-filled long weekend with lots of surprises and treats to celebrate the birthday-boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment