Thursday, March 28, 2019

#ClarksScreamForIceCream

 It's no secret that we are huge fans of ice cream in the Clark house. Pat and I had our first date over Cold Stone ice cream. We even served it at our wedding! Learning about a ton of fun ice cream shops in MN, I decided it was time to make an ice cream shop bucket list. We had a few checked off our list already, so now it's my mission to get to many more!


On a recent date, Pat and I checked out Cold Front in St. Paul. The ice cream itself wasn't anything special, although Pat really enjoyed his shake. The ambiance was a fun retro feel. Pat really liked the cow mount (hence the selfie picture).

This spring break the kids and I were in St. Paul again for a trip to the Como Zoo. Knowing that many shops on my list were in the cities I took this opportunity to treat them to ice cream at Wonders. The ice cream was yummy, but watching them make it is half the fun! He smoothed the ice cream out flat on a freezer tray, then used a scraper to peel off rolls of the ice cream. Ironically there was a panda head on the wall, so we had to get a picture of Henry with it.



This is a new tradition I'm really enjoying and looking forward to exploring more!

No comments: