Sunday, January 19, 2020

Olivia's 12th Birthday


Olivia wasn't shy about her birthday requests this year. But even as she is getting older, she is such a simple lady. To celebrate, she wanted to have her annual sleepover with Abby and Savannah. She asked for buttered noodles and fruit for dinner (since she loved that meal so much when we celebrated at the American Girl Store Bistro years ago). I elevated the meal a notch with different meats and sauces to make a pasta bar. Of course, she wanted to make her own cake. Going on three weekends in a row of elaborate cake-making, I was ready for a break from it, but she had been planning her cake for months. She made a beautiful and delicious cake with raspberry buttercream frosting. She also asked for art supplies for her birthday, so the girls (and Henry) had some "art party" fun painting their own canvases. The girls played with American Girl Dolls in her room and barbies in the basement. They also watched Fuller House on Netflix. I couldn't be more ecstatic that as the girls grew one year older, they are still little girls at heart. I'm so glad they have each other to share in friendship.

No comments: