Sunday, March 29, 2020

Spring Break

Spring break 2020 was different from one we have ever experienced. Due to COVID-19, the state was pretty much on lock-down. Schools were closed anyway, and a stay-at-home order was in place to help slow the spread of this infectious disease. Since our usual to-dos wouldn't be able to happen, we started our first morning of break with a big yummy breakfast and a brainstorming session of what we could do to still make it fun. 

Our week was filled with fort building, golf ball hunting, egg hiding, baking, watching "Kindness Diaries" as a family, games, and subway tiling the kitchen. I also spent a few days getting school work done. I finished my final requirements for renewing my teaching license. (Not exciting, but wonderful to get it done!) I also worked on lesson plans for teaching from home since school was scheduled to be out for a few weeks. 

We began seeing our lives be impacted more by this virus. I started wearing a mask to the grocery store, church buildings were emptied as mass went on-line, and our favorite musicians performed a beautiful live streamed concert, from each of their own homes. 

It was an unusual time in our world's history. We made it a fun, relaxing, and productive week. My favorite kind. 








No comments: