We weren't planning to do door-to-door trick-or-treating this year due to COVID, so we planned a progressive dinner just with family. It didn't really turn into much of eating at each of our homes, but we did have some fun activities. We started at our house with food items in bags and people had to guess what it was. We had jello for zombie brains, pealed grapes for witch eyeballs, dried apricots for monster ears, popcorn kernels for witch teeth, sliced hot dogs for monster tongue, and marshmallows for ghost poop. Everyone had fun with it, and it was fun watching reactions as they touched everything.
We then went to Grandma and Grandpa Sticha's house where they had a scavenger hunt and candy hunt around the yard. Mom made Czech tacos for dinner.
I was able to get the family in themed costumes this year as characters from the Hunger Games. I wouldn't have guessed that would be a family theme costume we would do, but Olivia recently finished all of the books and got us into the theme when she said she was wanting to be Katniss. Henry was Peeta (the baker), I was Effie (from district 13, because I like her best in the Mocking Jay anyway), and Pat was Haymitch (the not drunk version).
Since we didn't take the kids trick-or-treating, we did say we'd take them to the Target clearance Halloween candy and they could each pick out a bag of their choosing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment