Saturday, June 4, 2022

Olivia's 8th Grade Graduation

Dear Olivia,


How did we get here so fast? You are at your 8th grade retreat, just a few days away from graduating… It feels like you were just in preschool here, holding hands and skipping down the hall with me, in search of goodies in the teachers’ lounge. (Your “Wonder Pets” were with too, of course, sliding down the railing of the steps.) You’d tote around a bin of colors and paper and sit quiet as a mouse during staff meetings. You grew to being in the room independently, playing little kid games on PBS Kids. You’d watch movies projected on the white board during workshop days and fill my bag with snacks and activities to keep you busy. Baby and blankie would come to school daily. You’d put Baby under my desk for the school day- which freaked out my students as they’d walk by and see a doll head sticking out. Now as you’ve grown you fill the down-time at school with me with homework, reading, and giggling at your favorite youtubers. These are special memories I will always cherish of your time here.


The amount of growth I’ve witnessed in you over these last 11 years blows my mind, and not just because you’re the same height as me now. Academics, maturity, responsibility, and most of all, your faith, have grown exponentially! I admire how confident you are about your faith, and how you aren’t shy to share that with others. I appreciate your dedication to your schoolwork, always giving 1000%. I treasure your level of respect for others, especially your teachers over the years. I love your heart for others- always finding ways to give generously of your time, talent, and treasure. I look at who you are now, and can so confidently say that you are ready for your next adventure, even if I’m not ready to say good-bye to you at our school. Prepare yourself for my tears… I can’t even stop myself as I’m writing this! I’m going to miss you SO much!!! 


While watching you grow so fast and leaving the younger years' memories behind is sad, I’m equally so excited to continue to watch you grow and see where God takes you. God’s plan for you is very special, and I know you’re making God so proud, just as you are for your dad and I. 


I love you so much! 














Graduation day highlights include:
*Olivia was asked to create the cover of the worship aid for graduation mass. It turned out beautiful!
*Olivia and two of her (much taller) friends sang the responsorial psalm together.
* She received the Presidential Award, given to students who maintained a 3.5 or higher GPA through all of middle school.

No comments: