Sunday, January 16, 2011

Birthday festivities



Could it be that Olivia is going to be 3 already?! Only about a week away, and the birthday festivities have begun! Usually we try to have both of our families over at the same time, but with schedules it didn't work out this year. Instead we'll do a smaller gathering with each family. Yesterday we celebrated with the Clarks. Not hosting it, and only being in charge of the dessert and a few sides was a lovely treat for me! Grandma Clark made her famous spaghetti and meatballs (Which later after looking at pictures, I wish I would have cleaned Olivia's face better after!). In asking what kind of a cake she wanted, she told me on a few occasions that she wanted strawberry (I'm guessing was influenced by the several Strawberry Shortcake books we have been reading lately.), with candles on top. EASY! We all enjoyed a strawberry jello cake, and I enjoyed how easy she was to please! She had a lot of fun playing with her cousins, and exploring the new gifts they all generously got her. Her favorites include a suitcase she'll use when she has sleep-overs with them, and a collection of "Calico Critter" toys, which she just adores how cute they are.

No comments: