We are in Christmas mode, full force in the Clark household
these days! It’s one of my absolute
favorite times of the year, so once we finish our last Thanksgiving feast, I’m
all for rolling out the Christmas music, decorations, and hunting for/creating
the perfect gifts. This weekend we
accomplished a lot on Saturday, which was also Pat’s birthday. All he asked to do was spend time as a
family, setting up the tree and decorating for Christmas. Awesome!
We had a great time doing so! It was the most fun to watch Olivia get so
excited about everything. She has taken
part of the decorating in the past, but a year must be long enough at her age
for her to not remember much. Each item
we unpacked was so exciting to her! She
was pumped to pull out the Little People Nativity set, and soon had her Dora
and Diego toys mingling with the wise men.
She also loved putting the ornaments on the tree. Funny how all the Cinderella ones made it on
the tree first, and all in one spot of course.
Who can resist plopping a Santa hat on a little one?! Two little ones means double the Christmas
fun!
These are a few of our favorite festive pieces around our home:
For Olivia’s first Christmas I made her an ornament, so I
decided to do the same for Henry. Her
ornament is a small frame with a picture of her celebrating her first
Christmas. His is a ball with white,
red, and sparkly pompoms inside, his hand print on one side, and “Henry’s First
Christmas” written on the other.
It was the most fun to hang an extra stocking on our railing
this year! I was pleased as punch to
find one for Henry that somewhat blended with the rest. Mine was made for me by my mom for my first
Christmas. I was hoping to continue that
tradition with my family, that is, until I attempted Pat’s sock for our first
Christmas together. It was much more
difficult to do than I bargained for.
So, Olivia’s and Henry’s socks are store-bought. It’s neat that Olivia and I have snowmen, and
Pat and Henry have Santa.
The manger scenes were no doubt the most meaningful pieces
we set up. Again, it’s wonderful
watching Olivia in action, as she was sure to set up the figurines with
everyone crowding around Baby Jesus. She
thought it was so important to have everyone close to him, looking at him. We had a few extra manger sets that we let
her pick from to set up in her room. It
was adorable to see her pull up her step stool, and arrange the pieces on her
bookshelf.
May the joys of this Advent season be with you as well! We’re off to do some Christmas shopping! Tomorrow’s mission… Peanut Butter Blossom
cookies!
1 comment:
such cute kids!
Post a Comment