Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Henry!

Our little guy turned two.  I was fortunate enough to be able to take the day off to spend with him.  I was happy for that, but sad Pat couldn't be there too.  Recently starting a new job, he wasn't able to take time off quite yet. 
Olivia helped me wrap his gifts. We made our own custom wrapping paper!
Monkey bread for breakfast!

Opening gifts: New hat and matching bow tie, beach towel, and a truck.
After a quick morning all together the kids and I went to bring Olivia to school.  She had a morning field trip to a nature center.  It was her first time riding a bus!  While Olivia was on her field trip, Henry and I hit up some pet stores!  We didn't have anything to buy, but I knew Henry would love looking at all the animals!

After we picked Olivia back up we went to lunch at McDonalds.  Henry has been asking for a "cheeseburger" frequently lately, so I knew he'd love it.  He ate almost the whole thing!  We made it home for Henry's afternoon nap.  While he slept, Olivia asked to make him a treat.  We decided on brownies!
When he woke up it was a perfect temperature to play in the fresh snow that fell that previous night.  It wouldn't have been my first choice of activity for his birthday, but he LOVES to be outside, so I knew he would love it.  He did... we all did!  We were out there for about two hours, making snow castles, rolling down the hill, throwing snowballs for Tucker, and just trekking around in the snow. 
We wrapped up the day with a nice dinner, and brownies a la mode!
 
Two days later we celebrated a bit more as a family with a trip to the Children's Museum.  Olivia's favorite part was painting her own face, and Henry loved the Dora and Diego exhibit. 
 
We love this little guy so much!  SO sweet, talkative, and busy...  He has grown so much in the last year, but still lets me rock and sing to him at bed time.  Maybe I can hang onto my "baby" a little while longer...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am drooling over that monkey bread and smiling over how adorable Henry is in that hat! Happy birthday to him - can't believe he's two already!