Thursday, June 19, 2014

Ben + Kelly

Meet Ben and Kelly, a beautiful couple inside and out that I had the honor of taking engagement pictures for. I work with Kelly's mom, Susie. Actually, she was Olivia's Kindergarten teacher this year! A while ago Susie asked me if this would be something I'd be interested in. I mentioned it was, not really thinking much of it. Then she asked me again at the end of the school year if we could get a date set. I guess I was shocked she still considered me. They were totally going into it blindly, not having seen my work aside from a few pictures of Olivia. I so much appreciate their trust in me. I wasn't even so sure I could do a good job. With such a beautiful couple that interacted so naturally, a gorgeous location, nice weather, a sweet side-kick (the MOB as they call her, Susie), and a fun new lens, my job was really quite easy! I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Obviously I see lots of room for improvement, and there are things I wish I would have done differently. I have a lot to learn, and will not even pretend I'm a professional! I said from the start I would only do this if they wouldn't pay me, and they would hire a pro if they weren't happy with the pictures. Regardless, it was a super fun experience, and I'm thankful for the chance to blend two things I love: helping others and being creative! There are dozens more, but here are a few favorites:





I keep thinking of the Royal Couple when I go through their pictures. Doesn't Kelly remind you of Kate? No, just me? Alright then.


This is a saying that has special meaning to the couple.
A family picture with their sweet puppy Mila!
I had so much fun, and hope they did too! I'm off to deliver their CD of pictures today. I sure do hope they love them!

Funny picture requested by the MOB.

2 comments:

The Guse Family said...

Beautiful photos! You are so creative and talented, Tiffany. Good work!

Lisa said...

Tiff, these are awesome!! You did such a great job. I love the creativity behind them all. Especially that scrabble piece one - I've never seen it before...did you come up with it?

Isn't photography fun? :)