Well, for the first time since becoming a mom, I was gifted 24 hours of alone time! I've had chances before for weekends without kids, but it has always been with Pat or friends. (Which is still WONDERFUL, but a chance to be totally alone was bliss.)
Pat was gone at a guys' cabin weekend, and Pat's parents offered to take the kids for a sleepover. I dropped them off Saturday afternoon and stayed to visit for just a bit. Then I was off to do a little gift card shopping. Then it was home for a smoothie and reading in the sun. I had to do just a little cleaning or I knew I couldn't really relax. (I'm silly like that.) I enjoyed a movie with leftover pizza (there was no way I was going to cook!), and then a long relaxing bubble bath with more reading.
While I had high hopes of sleeping in, Tucker still wanted to be fed and let out so his whining woke me at 7. Darn dog. I still really enjoyed a quiet house, sipping coffee and spending time on the iPad. The day ahead was bringing some need for making goodies, so I spent most of the morning in the kitchen. While not my first choice of a place to spend time, it was still nice to have that time uninterrupted.
Pat swung through Anoka on his way home to get the kids, and we enjoyed the rest of the day as a family, refreshed. Well, I was refreshed, while the kids suffered from what I call "The Sleepover Hangover". (What happens when they get way too little sleep.)
I'm dreaming of when this opportunity can come my way again. Sure hope it isn't another 6 years!
2 comments:
That sounds incredible! Good for you for being productive too! You definitely deserve it and hope you get another opportunity soon, definitely in less than 6 years!
Yes, sounds perfect! Minus the cleaning part, of course, but if it made you feel better then I guess it's good you did it. Hope you get some more time like that in the near future!
Post a Comment