We have packed a lot into our summer so far. Here are a few activities I brought along my "big girl" camera for...
Biking at a park. (It's tricky for a beginning biker to ride on the gravel around our house.)
Their reactions when we told them we were stopping for ice cream sundaes too!
*****
We grew monarch butterflies from eggs a few years ago, but haven't been able to since because the population is way down and we haven't found eggs or caterpillars. One of the employees at the garden center found several and shared some with us! The caterpillars were almost full grown and changed to chrysalis form pretty quickly. About 10 days later, the butterflies emerged! Three all within a few hours of each other. The kids an I had a great time observing them, and having them hang out on our hands while their wings dried. Such a magical transformation!
*****
Father's Day plans were pretty mellow. We hung out at the pool, I played with my brother's macro lens, and Henry got to ride in the family's new excavator (highlight of his summer).
*****
VBS was a great experience for Olivia once again. She got placed in the same group as one of her best friends! I volunteered my time taking group pictures and snapshots of activities through the week. I always love the lessons she comes home talking about, and how she rushes to her "share" jar to bring money in for their mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment