| Apple for the teacher. |
Another school year is upon us. The transition seems to be one I dread more and more each year. Summers are just so wonderful! Staying up late, sleeping in, vegging out instead of correcting papers, fun adventures with the kids, NOT RUSHING! Sigh.... if only. But I have to remain positive, remind myself that this is where God wants me. I'm so thankful I have the summers to spend more quality time with my kids.
Olivia being in school now actually helps a tiny bit. I absolutely LOVE teaching in the same school she is at. I get to walk her to her room, and see her smiley face the moment school is out. Once in a while I'll pass her in the hall, see her at an assembly, or catch a glimpse of her at recess. And every Friday we get to attend church together.
We had an uneventful first day of school. I so much wish I could make her a fun breakfast, but it's a scurry to get everyone out the door by 7, so oatmeal it is. (I'm surprised there was enough light outside for a morning picture before we left!) She brought her teacher an apple from Grandma and Papa's orchard. All set with her backpack and lunch (packed with a love note, that she could read by herself!) she was off for her first day.
| Annual picture in the school desk chair her Great-Grandpa used in a one room school house. |
| Day one, done! |
No comments:
Post a Comment