Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Kalahari

This weekend we traveled once again to WI! Three times in about a month for Olivia and I, and two weekends in a row as a family! Kind of funny since the last time we were in WI was when Olivia was 2! This time was a unique opportunity in which we were able to stay, play, and eat at the Kalhari Resort for FREE! There was a garden center convention going on that my mom was attending. As part of her package for going, they set her up with tickets and vouchers for everything the resort offers. They take very good care of the guests in hopes that they will spend a lot of money with the vendors of garden center supplies. They were going to spend a great deal of money ordering supplies, so we took advantage of this great opportunity to treat the kids to some special days we normally wouldn't be able to afford.
 
We spent one day at the outdoor water park. Being the beginning of September, the weather was a little cool, but we were more than comfortable in most pools. I didn't bring my phone or camera outside for fear of it being stolen or getting wet, so I don't have any pictures. We went down the lazy river, played basketball in one pool, the kids went down kiddie slides in another area, and the adults took turns going down the big water slides. I haven't done that in years, and to my surprise I still found it quite fun! We chilled in the hot tub and sipped on tropical drinks.
 
We hit up the indoor theme park, with most of the crew waiting to use the go-carts, and Henry and I played arcade games. Then we played a game of laser tag and went on the Ferris Wheel.




More theme park attractions included this kid-friendly ropes course, carousel, hilarious simulation rides, bumper boats, and mini golf.





We thought maybe we were nuts road tripping two weekends in a row, and in the first weeks of school starting, but I'm so thankful we did. We had fun and made great memories.

No comments: