Holy Week and Easter were more meaningful for us this year. We are on the Environmental Worship Committee at church which involves switching over the seasonal aspects of the church, and doing some of the behind-the-scenes work. It meant more time at church during an already busy time, but it has been a good learning experience.
Last year we went to the Easter Vigil and the kids did super. I was super pleased that they managed the almost 3 hour service well again this year. It's a beautiful and special mass, and makes for our Easter morning to be a little more relaxed without rushing to church.
The bunny hid the baskets in the bathroom vanity under some rolls of toilet paper, and in the washing machine. I didn't think they were too hard of spots, but hints had to be dropped and jokes may have been made that they are as good at looking for things as their daddy is.
One wonderful perk of living so close to family is that we could walk over in pjs and coffee in hand to say a Happy Easter to them. While the kids and I stepped out to do that, Pat finished the pancakes.
We headed to Clark's for a brunch. The food was wonderful, as always. The kids opened their baskets from Grandma and Grandpa Clark. We had an Easter egg hunt in the basement, which ended in an egg fight.
A holiday at the Clark's wouldn't be complete without a little unusual activity. (See Christmas 2016 for a fire works show.) This holiday it was shooting a BB gun- from inside- through a sliding glass door- at a bunny target outside. Pat got first place in one friendly round of competition with a perfect score. Then Tom brought out the "special targets" which consisted of died (raw) eggs hung by ribbon. Henry gave it a try and got it on his second shot. I gave it a whirl too, and reliving my farm days, I got it on my first try. Kind of a strange way to celebrate Christ's resurrection, but I have come to expect strange with the Clarks. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment