Wednesday, December 26, 2018
Christmas
Christmas 2018 was a bit out of the ordinary. Christmas Eve with the Clarks was held at Mike and Mary's this year due to Tom and Kari not being in their re-build home quite yet. We had a meal of soups and I was pleased that my traditional Czech soup of vomacka was quite a hit! For gift time the kids got the ultimate surprise with getting the Harry Potter castle set they've had their eye on for quite some time. Their excitement demonstrated in the following pictures:
Another Christmas highlight was Olivia's homemade gifts for each person. This one got some laughs.
Christmas day was held at our house. Another first, since mom and dad are living with us currently. I've been looking forward to it and planning it for weeks. Clearly I was disappointed when a flu bug hit me Christmas Eve night. The worst was over that evening, but it left me feeling weak and tired Christmas morning. It pained me to not be able to execute the day as I had envisioned. My parents and Pat took care of everything though and I observed the meal from the sidelines. Surf and turf was a hit. As was Miss Olivia's yule log. Seriously. Look out Martha Stewart!
She blew everyone away on the Sticha side with her homemade gifts. She made Henry a captain's hat and jacket that Captain John Smith would have worn on the Titanic. I wish I would have taken pictures of all of the gifts!
It wasn't the perfect Christmas I had planned, but it was perfect in other ways. At one point in the evening I sat on the couch in the corner just to rest a bit. Pat joined me and we were reflecting on the day. I teared up as I watched everyone in the house eating, drinking, laughing and having fun. Perfect or not, I realized I had everything I wanted right there in that moment. Oh yes, and I won a few hands of poker too. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh man, so sorry you were sick on Christmas! Glad you could enjoy it still and weren’t stuck in bed. Jon was sick on Christmas too. I was sick on New Years Day and we had to cancel a party that day. These bugs this time of year are feisty!
Post a Comment