Tuesday, September 8, 2020

COVID School Year

 

My classroom is ready for the new school year. It has taken planning like never before! Because this year will be in history books some day, I wanted to document some of what it looks like:

I will have 18 students in person full time and 3 distance learners.

How it will look different:

  • Tables moved apart and washit tape down the middle to help with social distancing.
  • Plastic dividers around each students' space.
  • Removed pillows and cloth chairs (hard to sanitize)
  • Music and art will be taught in the classroom
  • Lunch will be eaten in the classroom
  • I'll supervise my class at recess in a designated area outside with our own equipment
  • I'll record my lessons and share them with our distance learners on Google Classroom
  • We'll be having Zoom sessions with our distance learners to help them feel connected
  • Directional arrows guide us in the halls to keep us socially distant
  • More hand washing breaks
  • Masks will be worn
  • We will be cleaning/sanitizing everything
  • A million more things...
How it will be the same:
  • We will grow in mind, body, and spirit
  • We will work hard and have fun












The first day is under our belt. We all agree it's different. It was an exhausting day for me, with constant action from beginning to end. We'll keep adjusting. It will be a crazy year, but it's good to be back. 

No comments: