I am certainly counting my blessings after a car accident I was in Thursday morning. I was on my way to work with Olivia to bring her to daycare. We were going down a hill, that has a train track run through the bottom of it. I saw a train starting to come, and slammed on the breaks as quick and hard as I could, but because of the packed snow and ice I knew I wasn't going to stop in time. I turned to the right, in hopes of getting traction on gravel and turning onto a side road, but everything was ice. I instead slid into a snowbank and hit a telephone pole on the front right side, just about 10 yards from the tracks. Both Olivia and I are perfectly fine physically. I still get jelly-legs talking about it. Our vehicle is getting fixed, and all I can say about that is thank goodness for insurance.
For being in a car seat for over two hours, Olivia did so well through it all. As long as I was calm and cool, she acted like we were just hanging out. A time or two I melted down a bit, but with her saying "Mommy!" in a scared voice in the back seat I knew I had to be strong. Having some snacks packed in my bag and a new Raffi CD in the vehicle helped too.
Everyone I worked with from family to the insurance people, the sheriff and co-workers were nothing but helpful and supportive. No doubt, the many rosaries my Grandma prays for our safety was a huge factor in keeping us safe.
Needless to say, I will be avoiding that road till the sun melts the ice away!
1 comment:
WOW!! We are SO thankful that you are okay. It sounds VERY scary. Thank goodness for Grandma's prayers. :)
Post a Comment