Friday, December 24, 2010

Mocha Bar Tradition

Every year as we prepare for Christmas, we have a tradition of gathering four generations to make mocha bars. My grandma, mom, sister, and now Olivia join in the task. Usually this is done at my mom's house, but with the health episode my grandma had last year when we gathered for this same reason, she now lives in an assisted living home, so we brought mocha bar ingredients to her. It's amazing to think a year ago she was laying in my arms on the floor, and I thought we were going to loose her. With a rocky start, she made it another year with us and is now celebrating her 92nd Christmas. I'm not sure how much longer she will be around, but I'm thankful for memories like this. In this picture they are doing their usual tag-team... Grandma is frosting the bars, and Olivia is rolling them in the nuts!

Side note: Olivia is wearing a dress of mine from when I was little. We were sorting through some clothing my mom had in storage. There are a few cute dresses that were still in good shape that Olivia is able to wear.

No comments: