Well, the last few weeks have been filled with the craziness that I have come to expect with the start of a new school year. While school doesn't officially start till Tuesday, these days have been filled with getting the classroom ready, workshops, open house, and of course, fitting in those final things from our summer fun list. Definitely a bitter sweet time. Instead of focusing on the sadness that I feel with our extra time together coming to an end, and the stress I feel going from one full time job as mommy, to two full time jobs as mommy and teacher, I'll stick to the highlights of lately:
Trip to Hugo to visit my friend and partner from the master's program. Her 1 1/2 year old Ella and Olivia had fun playing and swimming together.
Bringing the kids to school to get my teaching partner's classroom ready. (She had shoulder surgery this summer.) They were amazing! I couldn't believe all I got done. Olivia was as entertained as could be with drawing on the white board, or large sheets of scrap paper from the paper I used to cover bulletin boards. Henry played on the floor, or fell asleep in the stroller after taking him for a quick walk around the building.
 |
| After coming home from grocery shopping we found Mabel curled up in our coupon drawer. Silly kitty. |
 |
| Pat snagged the camera for this photo shoot. I love how neither of them look amused by this idea. |
I enjoyed a craft day with a few college friends. I felt so good to get some scrapbook pages done, even if they were for our parents and not me. Bonus: Pat managed two kids all day for the first time, plus cleaned all the floors, bathrooms, and picked flowers for me with Henry! What a guy!
We celebrated Pat's parents' 40 wedding anniversary with a simple meal out as a family and DQ after. We always come home with something when visiting them. This time it was two bags of clothing from garage sales for Henry, and a caterpillar in a vase.
 |
| The one caterpillar Pat's mom Mary gave us, turned into three! I don't think she knew more eggs must have been on the plant. We have fun peeking on them to see their progress. Munching leaves, growing, and one is turning into a chrysalis! |
Pat and I enjoyed a date with dinner at an Irish pub, and a Twin's game. They didn't win, but it was a beautiful night with great company.
Olivia has been creating SO MUCH ART! She gets on a roll and doesn't stop! I love the space we created for her in our house for this:
 |
| One of my favorite features of our office. Pat built these storage units under the windows. I organized Olivia's and my art supplies inside. Pat's mom made cushions to put on top. Viola! Seating, storage, and a surface for Olivia to create art! |
 |
| Olivia can take the cushions off to color, and if she makes a mess, no problem! The cushions cover it up when she's done! :) |
- In addition to my class open house, Olivia had hers too! It was so stink'en cute to see her walk into my room with her princess backpack as big as her, and shades propped on her head. Pat took her to the other end of the building to see her room and meet her teachers. While a bit overwhelmed by all the people there, she still can't hide her excitement!
Aside from the sadness of starting up work again, Henry has also been under the weather. What started as possible allergies, turned into a 102 degree temp, and an ear infection. (Olivia never had one!) A few doctor calls, one visit and a few meds later, and he seems to be doing somewhat better. Hope it passes soon! It's crummy seeing him uncomfortable. The silver lining: he likes to cuddle more now.
 |
| Sweet boy. I love that even when he's not feeling well, he can't seem to stop the smiles and being such a happy boy. |
We were planning on heading to the cabin this weekend for one final hurrah, but with Henry feeling under the weather, we're staying home. We're still looking forward to some fun a little closer to home.
No comments:
Post a Comment