We are blessed to have the talent of Pat's mom, Mary in our family. She is an amazing sewer and quilter (among many other skills). She has a tradition of creating a baby quilt for each grandchild born. While I was pregnant we went on a shopping spree at one of her favorite quilting shops. It was great sharing my opinions and ideas for the creations. I knew I wanted something that looked a little more mature than the standard pastels commonly used for baby stuff. I wanted something that Henry could continue to have as he grew that didn't seem too "babyish". With our fabric choices, and her talents, a beautiful set was created.
Friday, September 9, 2011
Henry's Quilt
*Disclaimer* This post is long overdue! I have had requests from people to post pictures of Henry's quilt, so here it is. Finally.
We are blessed to have the talent of Pat's mom, Mary in our family. She is an amazing sewer and quilter (among many other skills). She has a tradition of creating a baby quilt for each grandchild born. While I was pregnant we went on a shopping spree at one of her favorite quilting shops. It was great sharing my opinions and ideas for the creations. I knew I wanted something that looked a little more mature than the standard pastels commonly used for baby stuff. I wanted something that Henry could continue to have as he grew that didn't seem too "babyish". With our fabric choices, and her talents, a beautiful set was created.
Complete with a crib skirt, two sheets, and a diaper holder. Not to mention to nursing wrap, two boppy covers, and burp cloths! This woman has crazy sewing skills. Between her and my friend Panhia, they have gotten me going on wanting to learn to sew. I don't know if I can handle another hobby, but it sure would be fun to try!
We are blessed to have the talent of Pat's mom, Mary in our family. She is an amazing sewer and quilter (among many other skills). She has a tradition of creating a baby quilt for each grandchild born. While I was pregnant we went on a shopping spree at one of her favorite quilting shops. It was great sharing my opinions and ideas for the creations. I knew I wanted something that looked a little more mature than the standard pastels commonly used for baby stuff. I wanted something that Henry could continue to have as he grew that didn't seem too "babyish". With our fabric choices, and her talents, a beautiful set was created.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment