Celebrations continued today with our big girl's actual big day! We welcomed year four with our traditional doughnuts. I love this tradition! She also walked into a little surprise decorating her door in the morning.
Of course she had a few gifts to open from us. She enjoyed playing the morning away with her new barbie dolls and Operation game. We continued the day with our usual Sunday activities of church and Sunday School. Then we actually celebrated another girl's 4th birthday. My brother's girlfriend has a daughter, Savannah, who turned 4 on the 4th! She had a special golden birthday party, and Olivia had fun playing with her and her preschool buddies. I'm glad Olivia is at an age where she didn't mind in the least that we spent her birthday celebrating another girl's birthday! I was a little sad we didn't do something special with just her on her actual birthday like we have in the past.... Children's Museum when she turned one, Edinborough Park when she was two, and Stages Theater when she turned three... Still, we had our fun bowling party last weekend, and have another evening of excitement to come on Friday.
I know every parent says this at every major milestone, but I really can't believe my baby girl is four. I called her baby girl so much when she was little, I had serious concern that she wouldn't ever learn her real name! I love what a beautiful, sweet, funny, smart young girl she has become. Although it pains me to see her grow up so fast, I get excited as we start to discover more of her personality and get a glimpse of the person she is growing up to be!
| Olivia and I had a fun party hat decorating day yesterday. We made a gold one for Savannah too! |
| Henry was cracking us up at lunch, as he was trying a new food. This is his face when he isn't sure about the texture of something. It was cottage cheese, so I guess I can understand. |
| McDonald's for dinner... Nothing too exciting, but it's special for us since we don't eat it very often. |
1 comment:
Happy belated birthday to Olivia! Looks like you guys had a great time. She is so photogenic! And great capture of Henry's expression eating cottage cheese for the first time. :)
Post a Comment