Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Preschool Year One: Done.

Olivia celebrated her last day of her first year of school today!  She attended All Saints on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the afternoon hours throughout the school year.  Milestones like this always seem to sneek up on us all too quickly, and are gentle reminders that our little ones are growing up fast.  I'm so pleased with the growth she has shown this year.  Most of all, I'm the most proud of the respect she shows to others.  I needed to ask her teachers a favor to watch her for a bit after her program, because I still had students to teach for about an hour.  They said that if it were some other students they would say no, but knowing Olivia and how sweet she is, they knew it wouldn't be a problem at all.  Little things like this make me so proud!

Olivia and Pat made this magnet on the first day of school for "Parent/Child Activity Day".  Mission accomplished.
Before school we got gifts put together for her teachers.  We gifted them with a kit for making smores complete with skewers, and a sterno container so they can even make them indoors!  Olivia drew a picture of her with each of her teachers in the card we made for them, along with a dictated message from Olivia and a note that read "We hope you can enjoy "Smore" time with your family this summer.  Oh yes, and a Cold Stone gift card too!  Oivia was SO excited to deliver them to her teachers!




I teach at the BEST SCHOOL EVER, and have the BEST TEACHING PARTNER EVER, so I was able to sneek down to watch Olivia's program.  It consisted of about 15 minutes of finger plays and songs, looking around the room at her artwork, and ice cream sundaes.  I was tearing up when I had to pull myself away to teach my students for the last hour of school.  Olivia stayed with her teachers as they cleaned up from the program. 
(First time taking video with my camera, and loading video to the blog.  I have a little learning to do.)
After school I picked up Olivia and we enjoyed our last day together hanging out in my classroom.  I look through her art projects, we sneek a snack from the teachers' lounge, she plays on the computer or draws while I straighten up the classroom or correct papers, she asks for more snacks, we occasionally skip down the hall or ride piggy-back style for trips to the bathroom, office, etc.  She'll accompany me to meetings where she claims to "LOVE meetings"!  I'll miss those days, but look forward to next year when we can do it three days a week!
Olivia has been telling me she's ready for Kindergarten, and asks how many days it is till then.  She wants me to show her on a calendar. 
Thanks for a wonderful year Mrs. Johnson!  :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Your Olivia is so sweet. I can't believe how quickly she is growing up! And what a creative gift for her teacher - I bet she loved it. You must be one proud mama.