Thirteen months seems to have come and gone far too quickly. And while I intended to stop my monthly updates when our big guy turned one, so much has happened in this last month that I feel the need to document some of these things. Pictures of our guy this month are coming from my phone, so pardon the poorer quality.
- We tend to call Henry "Trouble" these days, because it seems like that's all he's getting into. He is such a good and happy little boy, but he is VERY active and just likes to get into everything! Major baby proofing is on the way in the Clark household. We never really had to do baby proofing when Olivia was little because she just didn't get into stuff, but H is a much different story.
- When he's sleepy, he likes to nuzzle his head into your shoulder. When I'm ready to lay him down for the night, I'll rub my nose against his cheek and he gives the softest little giggle.
- He also is a master at giving open mouthed kisses. I just love these forms of affection.
- Just after he turned a year Henry started doing sign language for "more". It's so amazing to see him communicate even in that simple way. Since he is often pulled away form things he shouldn't be playing with, he'll sign "more" as he's getting pulled away. I laugh that he's signing for more trouble.
- The other communication he learned this last month is waving "bye-bye". Not really one to do it on demand, but it's so stink'en cute when he does.
- Turning one means two new foods: whole milk and peanut butter. He loves both.
- He has NOT made any progress with his walking business. He doesn't even show interest in walking while holding our hands, or walking behind a toy. Whenever I try to stand him up, he gets jelly legs and falls to the ground to crawl. I'm hoping he learns quick, because trips to the park will be so much easier if he can walk. Olivia was a late walker too, so we'll just see what happens.
- He LOVES to be outside, and swing. He'll perk up and look out the window when you mention either "outside" or "swing".


- Henry's health has been a major topic around here lately. He has been getting a rattling sound in his chest continually now since his pneumonia case at Christmas time. With it also comes coughing fits, and on a few occasions now, throwing up. (Three times while in the car, twice when I was on my way to drop the kids off at daycare! Not fun!) With repeated trips to the doctor, we were anxious to learn what was really going on with our little guy. We had a trip to Children's Hospital to meet with a lung specialist. The entire experience was wonderful, and we have never had a doctor invest so much time with us explaining things. Long story short, it looks like Henry has asthma. Although, he's too little to do the proper tests to know for sure. So for now we're treating it as such, and as he gets older we'll run more tests. Treatment now is nebulizer once or more a day as needed. We're still learning which meds are best for him. One med we were picking up from the pharmacy was over $500 for a one month supply! We were in a bit of shock, so just got a one week supply to see how it goes. We are learning tricks to giving him these treatments since he is SO active and one neb usually takes about five minutes of sitting still.

- With his health back and forth, he is still such a happy boy! Even at the hospital he flashed his silly grin and bright blue eyes to people, and you can't help but just love the reaction it gets.
We love our guy to pieces, and enjoy watching him grow and develop!
2 comments:
Wow, so much is going on with him! I didn't know you guys went to Children's. I hope he turns the corner now that you have some answers. Hope we can set up some play dates for the summer, how many more days?!
I have to laugh at how similar Henry and Max are. You are definitely not alone in transitioning from sweet little girl to adventurous little boy!
Post a Comment