One of the items on our summer fun list was to make homemade
ice cream. My parents have had an
electric maker since forever ago, but I only have vague memories of ever making
it as a kid. It kind of looks like it
came over with Noah on the Ark, but it still worked great!
The ingredients were
simple:
·
1 quart half and half
·
¾ cup sugar
·
1 tsp. vanilla
·
1/8 tsp. salt
We mixed them in a bowl, poured it in the container, and packed the outside with crushed ice and rock salt. We plugged it in and listed to it spin for about 20 minutes. It stopped when the ice cream was ready! It looked perfect!
And tasted even better!
It made about a quart and a half, so it was plenty for us to
have a taste fresh and still freeze some for later! We'll certainly do it again sometime. Yum!
1 comment:
Ooh, that's on our list too. I've never done it and don't have a fancy machine, so hope I can figure it out!
Post a Comment