I love how a trip to the cabin can cross off like six things from our summer fun list! Starting with the obvious: Go to the cabin! Then there was boating...
Canoe ride for two, thanks to Grandma and Papa for watching the kids for a bit...
Lots of coloring for this girl...
And reading for me... (One of my favorite super funny authors!
Failed attempts to get Henry to walk... (Even with bribes of Cheetos, and my dad's threat that we can't leave the cabin till Henry takes his first steps. With the camera ready, and my dad shouting "Wait, not yet, so-and-so isn't here, they'll miss it." He was so close!)
Lots of treats... (I especially enjoyed Grandma and Papa trying to one-up each other with giving Olivia treats. Grandma would share a bit of her s'more with Olivia, and Papa would make her her own s'more. Papa would give her a leftover ricekrispy bar, and Grandma would give her ice cream with brownie. She was one lucky girl.)
Getting close to nature...
Cuddles while giving Henry his neb... He actually was pretty yucky leading up to cabin weekend, so a trip to a pharmacy near the cabin was in order to get more meds. We nebbed (hum, is that even a word?) him a lot over the weekend. He coughed a lot at night which kept him and mama up a lot. We learned at his 15 month check yesterday that he has fluid in his ears. The doc said if he gets sick one more time before his next check in three months he'll get tubes.
Summer foods like BLTs, corn on the cob, and hot dogs...Pool time...
Finding a turtle... Okay, I was kind of obsessed with this whole thing. Not sure why. I guess just since they are so darn cute! First goal was to see one, which I saw two as they swam up to our canoe one day. Next goal was to take a picture of one which I was able to do when I spotted one off our dock. Third goal was to catch one. I was lucky it was right near the dock, so I just scooped it up! I love how pretty the bottom of a painter turtle is! It was so fun holding it, and showing it to Olivia!
3 comments:
Beautiful! We're excited to come up in August!
It looks like such a fun time! So many great memories and pictures!! I love the picture of the butterfly. We can't wait to get together with everyone and catch up...
Great pictures, Tiff! Looks like you're all having a wonderful summer. :)
See you tomorrow!
Post a Comment