Sunday, July 8, 2012

Check, Check, Check

Part of the thing I love about a summer to do list is being able to check things off the list.  When we are having a day with nothing much to do, I look at the list for ideas of what we could check off.  With few words and many pictures, here is what we have been checking off the list so far:

Planting a vegetable garden. (With little success actually. Lesson learned not to use old seeds.)
Bike rides. Our favorite kind are right after baths with PJs on.
 Bubbles!

One of the few pics where Henry isn't eating the bubble wand.

Tucker even got in on the fun; trying to catch them mid-air.
Popsicles!


Running through the sprinkler.

 Elko/New Market Fire and Rescue Days parade.

Reading!  We are up to reading 159 different books this summer.  (I realize I am a total dork for keeping track.  I have no idea why I'm doing it, but now that I have started I can't stop myself.) 

Picnics at the park... We have had MANY!
Keeping cool with playing with water and the kiddie pool at our house.

Making homemade popsicles.
 Fireworks!
OK, so the only decent picture fireworks night wasn't anyone in our family!  Our friends the Slaviks invited us to their house to watch the fireworks, and we me their friends the Bahns.  Avery played so well with Olivia, and I enjoyed visiting with her mom, Jen.  Hopefully we'll be able to get together again with our new friends.
Watching Aunt Katelyn pull tug-of-war.


Whew.  That's quite a bit of summer fun!  Can't wait to keep checking those other items off of our list... and adding a few to the list too!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Love all the pictures. Your kids are so cute!!