Here's a quick tour:
| Visual aid she uses to help her get ready for the day and night. |
| Hook made by a woman we did a mission trip with, and tote bag made by me this summer. |
| Bookshelf made by Pat, and padded board made by me. Both were gifts for Olivia a few years ago. |
The school desk in the corner is the same that was used in a one room school house that my Grandpa went to school in. The school house was on the property that my grandparents lived on and farmed. Then the land was sold to my parents. I'm not sure how it all worked out but I'm guessing when the schoolhouse closed, my grandparents acquired what was left of it. (They used the actual structure as a chickencoop, but has since been restored and is now on the land of CreeksBend Golf Course.) I have a chair in my classroom at school, and was happy to have one at home too. So far it has just been sitting in the basement, but I think we've found a perfect home for it here. Olivia loves to pretend, so I can see her playing school with it.
This white table was made by Pat's uncle for us to give her for her birthday this year. It's a perfect storage unit for all of her little toys, which we store in clear tubs so she can see what's inside. The top has been her favorite play spot. She could draw and color on the surface for literally hours. I love the versatility though because when she grows out of using it, it also makes a perfect surface for their train set.
This wall was one of the bigger projects of the room. I made the bunting earlier this summer. I found the picture frame idea on pinterest, and plan to use it to put her photo from the first day of school each year. The letters that spell her name we had in her room but they were just painted white. I modge-podged scrapbooking paper on them to jazz them up. We had the shelf from long ago, but it didn't really have a home till now.
Olivia is such an artist, and I wanted more places for her to showcase her work so our fridge doesn't get so cluttered up all the time. Again, I found an idea on pinterest, but modified it based on what we had. Olivia said she wanted these on this wall so we can stand on the bed to change the pictures. Genius child.
I adore that nothing I did really cost much money. Most things we had, repurposed, or fixed up. I spent $1 on a spool of ribbon for the bunting, $2 for the spray paint for one frame and clothes pins, and $2.50 for the canvas, and I think that's really it! I'm excited to work on Henry's room next. I feel like it needs more personality in it since he isn't such a baby anymore. I'll be on pinterest for ideas soon enough, guaranteed.
No comments:
Post a Comment