Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blessed

Merry Christmas!
Christmas brought much happiness to our family this year.  As usual, our holiday was three fold.  Clark side, Sticha side, and our little family. 

Christmas Eve we went to Tom and Kari's house for a delicious dinner.  We continued with gifts and lots of playing, visiting, and laughing.  Highlights included the kids playing so well together, and watching some home videos of Pat's family when they were younger.



Henry could have played all night with big cousin Sam's toys.

We came home with two sleeping kids in the vehicle.  Waking up Christmas morning we enjoyed yummy monkey bread for breakfast, got ready for church, and opened stockings from Santa.  We go easy on the gifts in our home.  Small things from Santa in the stockings, lots of books for the kids to share, clothing for each of them, a homemade gift for each, and one toy each.  The homemade gift is a tradition I love.  I made Olivia a hair clip holder, and four new clips.  Henry got a batch of blue playdough.
So thrilled that Santa brought her the stickers she wanted!
After mass we went to my parents' house for another delicious meal.  I sure am thankful we have so many loved ones that are willing and able to provide such amazing food for us.  Savannah and Olivia played so well together (and with Uncle Brent).  

The girls played Apples to Apples with us, which was an interesting twist for the few rounds they lasted.
Papa Clark made the girls pina coladas!
Savannah made Olivia a gift.  Ha!  I couldn't have posed a cuter thank you!
My dad made some amazing gifts.  He built this Noah's Ark with 18 sets of animals for Henry.  He also made matching doll houses for the girls.  We were all amazed at the grand scale of his gifts, and the talent and time that went into making them.  We all are sure blessed by that man.  
 
My brother Brent also made his gift... a chalkboard!  I love it and already have it hung up.
The days went by way too fast.  I'm reminded how good it feels to spend time with family, and how I want to do it more often.  We are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people, generous in their time, talent, and treasure. 

No comments: