Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Henry is Here!



On Tuesday, April 19th at 7:30 AM, we came to Queen of Peace Hospital for our scheduled induction. I was three days past my scheduled due date and the doctor thought it was best to get things underway. It was nice to walk the familiar halls of where we had Olivia three years ago, and be treated by some of the same staff. They started me on plitocin to get things moving. At 9:20 contractions started coming strong, and frequently. We got the epidural going when my contractions were only two minutes apart, lasting a minute each. Seeing how quickly things were progressing, at 10:20 the nursing staff called our doctor (who was out for a bike ride) to come in. He said he'd be there in 10 minutes. At 10:30 he arrived, and at 10:47 Henry was born! I couldn't believe how quickly things went. When we arrived at the hospital I joked with the staff that I'd have the baby by lunch... I wasn't really expecting that to happen!

Our hospital stay was most enjoyable. Family visited quickly, and it was so fun to experience Olivia's reaction to her baby brother. When she saw him she started to giggle. In talking with my parents she told them "Yep, He just popped out!" It was an amazing, scary, and overwhelming feeling loading up in the vehicle the last day to come home, as a family of four!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a great photo of your family! So glad to hear that everything went well. Looking forward to meeting the little guy!