Monday, April 18, 2011

Just the girls


Last bedtime story time before baby brother comes!

It was always my plan to work up till the baby came. Swelling in my feet caused the doc to keep me home from work the last week. At first I thought I would go stir crazy, which I did a little, but now I look back on it as such a blessing. Olivia was such a good girl, so sweet, and I feel like I got to know her better. (I know that probably sounds silly since she's my kid, but when I work full time I feel like I don't always get to spend that time with her.) Today she set up a chair outside for me by her playset saying "I set a chair up for you mom because Dr. Mark said you need to sit." We have tried to cherrish every one of these last moments as a family of three. She sure sounds ready to meet baby brother, but we'll soon see how prepared she is for this change. Our bags are packed and we are headed to the hospital in the morning. While I'm a few days overdue the doctor wants to get the baby out before he gets too big, and wants to avoid the upcoming Easter holiday. I'm going to miss the days of just Olivia time, but at the same time am so excited to meet our little boy!

No comments: