Tuesday, February 14, 2012

XOXO

Happy Valentine's Day!

For me, Valentine's Day was all about the little things...
  • Enjoying Henry's open mouthed kisses.
  • Chocolate doughnuts waiting for Olivia and I in the morning.
  • Opening a card from Pat addressed to "My Bride"  (I love that he still calls me that.)
  • Treats from my students like flowers, chocolate, and chocolate flowers...  And this adorable mug:
  • Dining on leftover food from parent/teacher conferences for lunch. (Seriously, this is so wonderful to walk into the teachers' lounge after a late night of conferences, no energy to put together lunch for the next day and no time in the morning, to be saved by the glorious leftover food from the night before!)
  • Admiring how handsome my little guy was in his robot Valentine shirt I made for him.
His new thing lately is sticking out his tongue.  We love it and try to get him to do it all the time now!

  • Sneaking up to Olivia's preschool classroom while my class was in the middle of their party.  It was so fun seeing her look of surprise to see me there, and to witness the fun of a preschool party...  decked out in a heart painted on her cheek, a pink noodle necklace, and construction paper heart crown.
  • Watching how thrilled she was looking through all her Valentine's from friends as we sat in my desk chair. 
  • How excited she was to get a Valentine book from her teachers that she wanted to read it right away, so we cozied into my reading area in the classroom and took a little break from the day to read.
  • Seeing how equally excited she was to give me a gift they made in preschool.
A plate with a drawing of the family.  She draws them all the time, so I knew just who everyone was.
  • Takeout Chinese food for dinner (our little tradition). I actually ate alone with Henry. Just me and my little man on a date. Olivia was fast asleep on the couch (as she usually is after a preschool day), and Pat worked late. 
  • Valentine books before bed.  (And Dora's Halloween by Olivia's request.)
This past weekend Pat and I celebrated V Day with a date night out to dinner and to see The Lion King.  It was quite spectacular!!

Today was a simple day.  Nothing fancy, but still spectacular.  Family. Fun. Love.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

The Guse Family said...

It does sound wonderful! I love Henry's robot shirt...you are so creative!! And Olivia is getting that from her mommy too, what a cute plate!