Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Preschool: Year Two

Seated in a desk used in a one room schoolhouse my Grandpa Sticha went to school in.
What a difference a year makes…  Thinking back to Olivia’s first day of preschool last year, it was amazing to see how she’s matured.  Her hesitant steps and shy smile were replaced with a confident skip and hop into the room, smiles at friends from last year, and introducing herself to a new girl. 

Olivia made me such a proud mama today.  She practically knocked me over with her hug when I picked her up at the end of the day.  Being stopped by multiple staff members asking how her first day of school was, Olivia responded in such a respectful way.  She would look everyone in the eyes and respond with a cheerful “Good!” 
At a meeting I needed to attend, she came with, armed with a snack and colors.  She ended up sitting by another co-worker’s son the same age.  It was fun listening to them talk.  As we were leaving this was their conversation:
Olivia:  I had fun coloring with you Isaac.
Isaac:  I’ll have you come to my birthday party!
Olivia:  But we don’t know how to get to your house.
Isaac:  My dad knows the way.
Apples for her teachers.
The confidence she showed me today is so wonderful to see.  It’s such a change from last year!  I’m so excited to see what other growth this school year will bring. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a cutie pie! And that conversation with the little boy is hilarious. Gotta love kids!