Saturday, June 29, 2013

ECFE Cabin Weekend #3

This weekend we enjoyed our third annual ECFE cabin weekend.  There was lots of visiting, eating, fishing, pontoon rides, critter catching, bonfires, playing and kid chasing.  The weather was beautiful, although a little cool for swimming in the water.  The kids played well together.  I love seeing that as they get older, they don't need as much time to "warm up" to each other.  The other part I love is not worrying about packing toys for the older ones.  They entertain themselves with playing school, hide-and-seek, and exploring.  


Olivia-the-Brave: Catching all kinds of critters including a mama and baby toad...

which they made kiss.


The guys caught this snapping turtle on one of their fishing lines off the dock!


The original ECFE baby class crew: Abby, Alex, Mitchell, Olivia, Orelia

Our attempt at the whole kid crew.  Unfortunately, the Slavik family didn't make it in the photo. 
I was amazed at how many loons there were, and how tame they were too!



Another critter Olivia enjoyed!

Looked like glitter was sprinkled on the lake!

What a splendid weekend!  I'm loving this tradition, and wonderful group of friends with who we can share the joys and challenges of parenting!

1 comment:

The Guse Family said...

It was so fun all getting together. Beautiful photos. I especially love your family photo. Your kids are adorable and so well behaved. You are blessed.