This weekend was a great one for three main reasons: Father's Day, my birthday, and I got a new camera! I've been saving up FOREVER, so it was kind of a big deal for me. It was fun to spread the other celebrations out over the weekend, and having my new camera to document it.
We began celebrating with the Clark side. We met at Mike and Mary's for a BBQ. The kids loved up their cousin time, as always.
| First ever picture taken with my new camera! |
Sunday morning I treated Pat to his favorite cinnamon rolls that I make. YUM! After church we picked up some Subway and had a picnic at the park followed by some play time. Then it was home for naps.
At that time I went to see my Grandma. We have been expecting her final days to come for a few weeks now. My Uncle lined up a Priest to give her Anointing of the Sick. Many family members made it there for that, and it was truly something I will never forget. As we each were saying our good-byes to her and leaving her room, I knew it could very well be the last. I hugged her, kissed her, held her hand and said "I love you!". She said it in return. I really couldn't have asked for a better way to say good-bye. She is still hanging on today, so that might not have been my last. It was immensely sad, but kind of a special way to spend my birthday.
When Henry woke up, we went to the pool to celebrate with the Stichas. We made pizzas, the kids played with chalk, we visited, and stuffed our bellies FULL! I made a buster bar dessert and it was a hit. My highlight of the evening was watching Olivia ride a bike! She doesn't have a big one (we don't have a space for her to ride with a gravel driveway), but she borrowed Savannah's. She was on that thing forever, just doing loops around the adults visiting. She didn't even stop for dessert until her piece was completely melted. Since she had never been on one, I was so impressed how quickly she picked up on it and how much she loved it!
Perfect summer days filled with family and making memories. Doesn't get much better than that!
2 comments:
My mom makes that buster bar dessert too - isn't it heavenly? So excited for you and your new camera and can't wait to see all the photos you'll take!
I've been thinking of your grandma and hope that she is comfortable. She is such a sweet lady - I remember her always speaking Czech when we were around.
So sorry to hear about your Grandma. Although you know what is coming, it can't be easy. I didn't know you got a new camera! We will have to talk more... :)
Post a Comment