Monday, July 15, 2013

Color Run

Running a 5K isn't something that would have ever been on my radar to do.  I'm not a runner at all.  My future sister-in-law Brooke invited all the girls doing the bachelorette party to do the Color Run the next morning.  I was thinking if I'm ever going to do one, now is my chance.  It's a fun one, and most of the girls will be hung over, so we'll just walk the whole way anyway.  So after a night of playing sober cab, and only a few hours of sleep we were on our way to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds for the run.  As soon as we drove to the area you could feel the excitement.  Individuals and teams dressed all fun, and mobs of white.
 
We wore shirts that said "5K B4 the big day", which was our team name. 
They let off 1,000 people every 15 minutes, and the start was so fun.  There was a countdown, people threw colored powder in the air, and we were off.  We started off running, but some of us walked after the first color.  Every so often there were color stations and the volunteers would squeeze colored powder at us from what looked like giant ketchup bottles. 
This is me about half-way through the course:

There was a huge celebration at the end with music playing on the stage, more color throwing, and just FUN!



 Brooke picked up these "nerd glasses" for us to wear on the race, but forgot them in the car, so we stopped after the run for some quick photos with them on.
The people watching, excitement in the air, the fun colors, being silly getting dirty... it was all a blast, and I honestly can't wait to try it again next year.  Brooke and I talked about bringing the girls next year.  We think they'd love it!
 
Yes, I needed a shower...
After, I was on my way to pick up the kids from Grandma and Papa Clark's house.  They spent the night there, having a sleep-over with their cousins.  They had a blast too, and Henry slept well despite my worries.  They were both knocked out after 10 minutes into our ride.  With Pat salmon fishing with the guys in my family on Lake Michigan, it was an exciting weekend for all of us!


1 comment:

The Guse Family said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I am doing something like that when we go to Washington in August. A little nervous, but I like looking at your pictures :) No pictures from fishing? That's exactly what I would get too!