Thursday, December 26, 2013

Horse and Carriage


Ten years ago, on the day after Christmas, Pat asked me to marry him. It was a day full of romantic surprises. Greatest of all was ending with a horse drawn carriage ride, and asking me to marry him. There are oodles of details that make this story super special and one I will truly hold close to my heart forever. I did write the whole story out shortly after it happened so I wouldn't forget the details of it, and so I could share it with my kids someday. Maybe I'll add the story to the blog at some point.
 
We thought it would be special to take the kids down memory lane with us and take them on a horse and carriage ride at the same place we went ten years ago, Nicolette Island Inn. We kept it a surprise for them, and Olivia was tickled pink to feel like Cinderella. Henry had fun listening for trains, and looking at the trucks and buildings with Christmas lights.  It was so fun to reminisce about that day, and now make new memories with this beautiful family that has been created all because he asked me a very important question, and I said yes. :)

 



No comments: