Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kelly's Maternity Shoot

 
My friend Kelly sweetly asked if I'd take some maternity pictures for her.  I was thrilled for the opportunity!  While I can still never see myself doing photography professionally, it sure is fun to do it just for fun!  I know the quality isn't the best, but at least it's free for them, and they know there will be no hurt feelings at all if they want a professional to still take some pictures.
 
I learned a few new things through this photo session, including how to do a silhouette shot, and how to diffuse the flash. I still have a lot to learn, and I have some regrets with this session, but I guess that's all part of the learning process, right?
 
Their son Xander sure is a sweetie, but he did present some extra challenges.  He's about the same age as Henry, so always on the go.  He also didn't take the best nap that day, and apparently hates having his picture taken.  With all that said, I didn't get the family shot I was hoping for, but hopefully there are some they will like.
 
I obviously have all the pics in color, but when editing, I just loved the feel the black and white gave.
 

After our mini photo session it was nice to hang out, chat, watch the kids play, and eat some pizza.  I'm beyond excited for a trip back there once the little one joins the world!  I'm guessing he'll hold still a little better!  :)

1 comment:

Susannah said...

These are adorable! Thanks for sharing! I love the glow of pregnant women!