Mother's Day is always a day I look forward to. Why wouldn't I, a day to be pampered and relax... With young ones and other moms in my life to try to show appreciation to, it doesn't always work out to be so much relaxation. Throw in a little birthday celebration that was postponed due to Pat's Dad's health, and it turned into a busy day!
Pat started with treating me to homemade waffles. We were off to an early mass, and then hit the road to Mike and Mary's to celebrate Mother's Day with the Clarks. The weather was a bit cool, but comfortable to spend most of our time outside. Henry LOVED his gifts of a chocolate milk maker, dump truck and cars.
| Sweet Aunt Kari brought over some John Deere toys from their house for Henry to play with. |
| Making his chocolate milk! His concentration and excitement had us cracking up. |
| It isn't a Clark gathering without plastic guns and swords making an appearance. |
After lunch, presents, playtime, and cupcakes, it was time to head to my parents' pool house for Mother's Day on that side of the family. We started up the pizza oven for the first time this season, and enjoyed some yummy pizzas and dessert pizza too!
| Sweetie pie was drawing and coloring a GIANT pink heart for me, because "I love you so much!". She was pink from head to toe when she was finished. |
| So fun watching these two together. |
While Mother's Day was a far cry from I'm going to rest all day and be waited on... It was so special. I love that our families are close and choose to spend these days together. As the night was coming to an end I stepped out of the pool house to see everyone gathered around visiting. I teared up. I sure am thankful for all of these people, and the relationships we have. It was one of those days I didn't want to see end.
No comments:
Post a Comment