Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Sad Goodbye

Today marked Olivia's last ever ECFE class. *snif snif* I really was sad to walk away from the school with her today. At the same time, I'm so excited for the next chapter of preschool to start for her! She's ready! I figure since money's tight and I can't get them nice gifts like I would love to, I wrote a letter to the editor for our local paper as a sort of thank you to the staff there.

This week marks a milestone in our family; my daughter Olivia’s last ever ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) class. This is the end of a wonderful three year journey from when I first attended baby class with her. I enrolled us because I was a typical new mom; wanting to provide my child with all the opportunities that were offered. I gained so much more from this experience than I would have ever thought possible. I was comforted from other parents that I was not alone in the challenges we were facing. The amazing teachers provided me with resources and ideas to help me through these challenges. I was taught about my child’s development and what I could do to encourage her growth. I was also blessed with forming relationships with other moms, and as our children have grown, they have formed special bonds too. It has been a joy to see these friendships (of moms and kids) blossom over the past three years.

In the fall, Olivia begins preschool. Thanks to ECFE, I feel like she is ready for this stage. She has grown in her social skills, fine and large motor abilities, and developed interests in art, singing, and dancing. While I’m sad this is the end of her journey with ECFE, I am thrilled with what is to come in her education, and I feel comforted that she is prepared for what’s next. Also, now I can look forward to starting this all over again, with my son Henry.

Thank you ECFE, and all the staff there. Special thanks to the teachers we worked with: Mary, Pam, Lana and Britt.

I encourage you to keep your eye open for the ECFE enrollment options this fall.

No comments: