| Meet Tortoise. |
| Meet Hare. |
| Meet Tortoise and the Hare. (PS- I love how Olivia is all like: "Woah! Sugar rush!" And Henry is all like: "Are you KIDDING me mom?!") |
We had a blast this Halloween. Olivia's costume was my own bunny costume when I was four, so it was fun to dig it out and have her wear it! I had fun trying my hand at paper meche for the first time in a LONG time to do Henry's shell. It turned out well aside from the painting part. I had no patience to make the pattern a real tortoise shell should have! I realized that each year Olivia has been an animal. There was the chicken of 2008, the cow of 2009, and the duck of 2010. Now I've gone and done it again, and got Henry started on the animal trend too. Don't worry, I have plans for next year already. The trouble is Olivia is more opinionated now, and I may no longer have as much of a say in what she is for Halloween after this year. We shall see!
We created a jack-o-lantern pizza for dinner Friday (stealing the idea from a Papa Murphy's commercial!), and had a great time at the ECFE event. Olivia loved seeing her friend, Abby!
And our tortoise got all tuckered out.
We spent Halloween night visiting a few relatives in town, and hopping to a few houses here and there. We got just enough candy for Olivia (and maybe us too) to have a sweet treat once in a while. We came home for a dinner of roast with my parents, where a few more visitors came to our place with treats for the kids. Candy for Olivia and baby food for Henry. :)
This weekend we also had a unique Halloween opportunity. At a silent auction, Pat's parents bid on a ride in a Model T in the Anoka Halloween parade. Anoka is known as the Halloween Capital of the World. Wow! After seeing this parade, I can see why! It was one of the more entertaining parades I have ever experienced. It lasts about 3 hours, but we only stuck it out for about 2.
Olivia got dressed up in attire from that time period. Pat's parents used to run an old fashioned photography booth in area malls. His mom made many of the clothes, including this dress, which she kept after closing the business. I'm so glad it fit, it was perfect for the occasion!
Olivia had a ball, and did great with waving to everyone. Pat said so many people were commenting on how cute she was (Of course!), and even were taking her picture!
I'm so thankful for such wonderful memories that were made this holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment