Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Eggs

I love traditions.  Decorating Easter eggs has always been one I look forward to.  Each year we get together with my mom and any siblings that are around to decorate.  Tonight we had my brother, Brooke, and Savannah join us too.  It was fun.  Sweet watching and listening to the girls take more of a role in participating. 
We used my parents' farm fresh eggs which were beautiful shades of brown.



Henry was all over the place!  He kept entertained on the floor mostly.  I wasn't too worried about him "participating".  He was present in his own way, and will be more interested next year.

My pinterest inspired ideas... Rubber bands on the egg prior to dipping.
And using cupcake tins to drip dry.  I kind of like how the brown eggs gave more of an earth-tone look to the eggs.

Savannah and Olivia with their "favorite" eggs.  Ironically, I realized on uploading the pictures that each egg was made by their mama.  :)
Lent has been L-O-N-G...   When I feel such a longing to eat sweets (what I gave up for lent), I just think how teeny tiny that sacrifice is compared to what Christ went through for us.  I'm glad Easter is right around the bend!

No comments: