As you look at this post some day, I know you will have no recollection of your 1st birthday celebration, but I want you to know how much it meant to us. You are such a special little boy, and bring us so much joy. I'm tearing up as I write this because I just love you so much. You have made me so happy, and I can't believe how quickly this day has come.
| I loved to just hold you and stare at your adorable face! |
I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. I was so excited, I don't even remember feeling nervous. I will always remember how trilled I was that you came quickly and I could enjoy more of the day with you rather than being in labor. Did you know you share a birthday with Joe Mauer? Do you even know who that is? Maybe he's not a big deal now, but back then he was a great baseball player for the MN Twins. Your uncles even thought that it looked like you had Joe Mauer side burns when you were born!
Anyway, I loved that day SO much, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat to experience that same joy.
So what did we do to celebrate your big day? Here it is:
Your birthday landed on a Thursday, so Daddy and I took the day off of work to spend the day as a family. When you woke up we brought you in bed with us and sang "Happy Birthday". We went downstairs for powdered doughnuts for breakfast. You knew just what do do with it, and made a big powdery mess all over!
Sister helped you open your gifts; balls and a puzzle. After a nap Grandma and Papa Sticha came over in the morning to see you! Then we headed out for your 1 year pictures. After that we were off to the Mall of America for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. As a kid I always wanted to eat there, so we thought it would be a fun place to experience. It was kind of stimulation overload for you, especially when a crew came out to sing to someone for their birthday. Lights flickered for the lightning, thunder rumbled, the gorillas beat their chests, people sang, and the jungle just went crazy. You didn't like that so much. Sorry kiddo. After that we went to MN Sea Life. Sister had quick feet, so we made it through the exhibit faster that I would have liked to, but you both were entertained while we were there. There were pretty cool sea creatures to check out including these jelly fish.
When we got home you both took good naps. We measured you on our wall in the closet which is tradition to do on birthdays. I know you can't tell by this picture, but your one year height is a good 3 inches taller than your sister's height at that age!
We rounded out the day with dinner, and time to just play together as a family. It was a nice day indeed. So there you have it Henry; your first birthday celebration. Hopefully the first of many! I'm sad in some ways that you are growing up so fast, but I'm also so excited to continue to see the young boy you grow up to be. Always remember that we love you SO much!
Love, Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment